By Team Abbey
Get your limited edition copy of Peace and Blessings Abbey’s new Christmas CD featuring holiday classics “O Holy Night” and “All I Want For Christmas Is You.”
By: Abbey Cone
This is part two of the “pumpkin pie series.” This recipe has been in my family for multiple generations, and I’m happy to share it with you. So, without further ado, let’s finish up our pie!
- 1 cup of homemade pumpkin filling
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. of cloves
- ¼ tsp. of ginger
- a pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBS flour
- 1 cup of canned evaporated milk
- ½ cup of regular milk
- 1 box of pre-made pie crusts
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Add pumpkin filling, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, salt and eggs into your mixing bowl and blend
- Add your flour, evaporated milk, regular milk into the mixture and blend
- After putting the pie crust in your pie pan carefully pour all of the yummy stuff we just mixed up into it.
- Put that thingy in the oven on 400 for 10 minutes
- After baking for 10 minutes, reduce your oven temperature to 350
- After 30- 40 more minutes take that baby out and let it cool
- Throw some cool whip on it (optional, but smart decision) and stuff your pretty little face!
Well, once again it really is that simple. The beauty of it is that it’s quick, easy, and to die for.
I hope your pie turns out perfect, and I’m wishing you the happiest of Thanksgivings!
Peace & blessings, y’all!